We’re gonna go into detail about Peppermint and Peppermint Vitality Essential Oil.
Peppermint essential oil is for topical and aromatic use while Peppermint Vitality is is a dietary supplement by Young Living.
Fresh, nostalgic, and instantly recognizable, Peppermint essential oil’s scent invigorates the mind and senses, while inspiring a sense of peace. Used topically, Peppermint oil creates a cool, tingling sensation on the skin, making it a favorite for sports massage.
When your day is dragging—through a workout, class, or day at work—enjoy some Peppermint oil benefits by applying it to your head and neck. The refreshing aroma will give you a boost of positivity!
Benefits of Peppermint
- Good for digestive support and efficiency
- Good for liver support
- Support exercise performance
- Can curb the desire to snack
- Can add a boost of flavor to water and dishes
- Great seasonal support
- Can support mental alertness
- For occasional head tension, rub a drop on temples, bridge of your nose (careful not to get into eyes) and the back of the neck.
- Inhale of rub a drop on abdomen for digestive support
- Apply a drop of Peppermint Vitality on the tongue for a burst of freshness
- Add 1-2 drops of Peppermint Vitality into tea or water for added flavor
- Apply a 1-3 drops to a wet washcloth and place on the back of the neck for a cooling sensation
Fun Peppermint Facts
- Peppermint is native to Europe, but today, the United States is responsible for producing 75% of the world’s supply
- Peppermint essential oil causes a cooling sensation due to menthol, which activates the same receptor on nerve endings that are involved in sensing cold
- Peppermint essential oil is extracted from the leaves and flowering tops of the plant by steam distillation
- Approximately 1 pound of peppermint plants makes one 15 ml bottle of essential oil
How do you use Peppermint essential oil?